Friday, August 22, 2008

Reflective Essay : “The Competencies in Reading and Writing in English”


Based on our last activity my partner and I listed the strengths and weaknesses in reading and writing. I found out that some of the strengths and weaknesses of my partner are the same as mine. It somehow gives me confidence, because before I was a bit shy about my writing and reading skills. I think my partner also realizes that some of her weaknesses are similar with mine. Reflecting on it, my partner and I have different capabilities in connection with reading and writing. I somehow easily understand a reading material. I am able to read fast when interested on a topic. I think I have to exert a lot of effort to improve on my weaknesses which include being poor speller, having poor vocabulary, having difficulty understanding deep words, reading slowly when not interested and especially being lazy. I want to improve all areas I’m not good at and also in areas I’m good at. I’m so ready for improvements because it will boost my confidence and it will help me a lot eve in simple ways. So I expect my ENGLCOM course to help me fulfill my needs. I expect ENGLCOM to provide me with correct knowledge when it comes to proper English usage. With the help of ENGLCOM, of course it will help me achieve my goals. By simply passing this subject, it will help me in the future. I cannot move on if I flunk this subject. It will be a hindrance for me to graduate.

No comments: