Friday, August 22, 2008

“My ENGLCOM Experiences”

Its been three months after I entered this classroom, A707. It was evidently seen that I was not confident in what I’m doing and because of that my school work was affected. Our ENGLCOM teacher, Ms. Kathy Mercado helps me academically and personally to improve myself.


Writing essays, before, makes me sick. But being under Ms. Kathy’s teaching, I enjoyed it. Different strategies were used in writing our essays. In process Essay, we were asked to write something interesting. In Static- Descriptive Essay, we were asked to bring something to eat and explain what you felt after eating. In Definition Essay, we were asked to choose three favorite songs and define their meaning. In Comparison and Contrast, we were asked to choose our favorite films and compare and contrast them. In Cause and Effect, we were asked to discuss a controversial topic that caught our interest. Lastly, in Argumentative Essay, we were asked to be critical thinkers and debate on our topic. Miss evaluated her students as students and as persons. In ENGLCOM, I got my first certificate from De La Salle. I’m very happy about it because I got to improve my skills in English and earned fifteen points for my course. My classmates and I got the chance to be closer. It helped me boost myself esteem and improve myself. As I developed myself, my grades went up. Ms. Kathy helped me with it, by giving activities that can improve my confidence.


As I end my essay, I’m thankful to Ms. Kathy for all the things she had done to me and to my classmates, I’m sure we will miss her. “We love you Miss!” that’s what we want to tell you. See you around. Ü

No comments: